Thursday, June 20, 2013

Crystal 101

Hello!

Here I am, a 24 year old mother, Georgia Tech graduate, cohabiting, professional...I'm (aptly, if I might add) Crystal. Whew, trying to get all that out in one sentence was hard work but that's where I am at this point in my life.

Honestly, I created this blog because I just wanna talk. A lot of things in my life have changed in a relatively short amount of time, I feel completely made over from the person I was 2.5 years ago and since we're in the age of over-sharing I feel I should share ;)

To stop this introductory post from being 5 years long I'll make bullets! (Makes you think you're reading less.)


  • I have a beautiful 15 month old daughter named Parker. I commonly refer to her as Park, Poopa or Dupa. Aside: I recently learned that "dupa" means ass in Polish, I did NOT know this when I started calling her that now it's a hard habit to break but I'm trying. I will post about how she's changed my life, how it is to be a young mommie (I became a mom at 22), how it is to be a working mommie and all things between. She's seriously the love of my life and I can't remember life without her! 
  • I'm in a relationship with the other side to my coin, haha. He's everything I want, a fantastic father to our daughter and a really good friend. I'm sure I'll mention him on occasion so get used to it ;)
  • I did graduate from GT and am currently working as an engineer at a Fortune 500. My first full time professional experience has been great! It has also changed my views on a lot of things. I'll post about how being a triple minority (young, black, female) is in Corporate America, or at least my experience with it.
  • I'm extremely opinionated. Anyone who knows me would tell you this, I love a good healthy debate and I have no problem speaking my mind. I also curse by the way...sorry if you're sensitive to that sort of thing. Sometimes there are no other words to express what you mean lol. Also, as stated above I'm an engineer so vocab is not exactly our "thing", bear with me I won't drop any F-bombs though!
I sped through some important parts of life. I got pregnant with my daughter before graduating college, graduated college, moved back to my home state WITH my boyfriend, started a job all in less than a year! Because all these life changes happened so quickly I changed very quickly. I hope this blog shows personal growth to the people that knew me in my "wild" days, I hope this blog serves as atonement for anyone I've ever debated and later discovered I was wrong and most importantly I hope you enjoy, Crystal's Clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment